Have you ever thought you have worked your way through something and felt that you had met the challenge and could successfully encounter the situation again with ease?....Well, 17 yrs ago I was spending my spare time researching daycare options for Jeremey. It was a physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting effort. I would do tours and decline to leave him with a caregiver while I toured the facillity, not letting him out of my sight or arms for that matter. I would often come home in tears feeling like I just couldn't make that transition, but all the while knowing that I had to make a decision and trust that it would all work out. Well over the past week we have been getting flooded with college applications and promotional materials. We have begun setting up campus tours and last night as I clicked the submit button on one I couldn't help but shed some tears. That feeling of not being able to make this transition crept back up on me. I know that he will have to make the decision and it will all work out as it is intended and that this is just a natural phase in life that will lead him to even greater things. I will do my best to be brave and allow him out of my sight and arms to be able to meet with the counselors to explore all of his options so that he can make a confident decision that will lead him to new adventures in life.
Maybe it will be easier the next time around.....who am I kidding??
2 comments:
No, it will not get easier.
Even reading your blog brought back memories of when you kids started leaving the nest.
It's always hard, but have faith and trust in God that things will work out. love you , Mom
You brought tears to my eye's Paula! Even though my kids have a ways to go I can't stand the thought that the day will come when they will have to (or want to) leave my home! I still have a hard time just dropping them off at school for the day or letting Jacob out of my sight at the pool or park! Hang in there Paula! My thoughts & prayers are with you!
Brooke
Post a Comment